Last Updated: June 12, 2017
Our Service provides users with the ability to capture, organize, store, and share Archive Information in private archives. These archives are encrypted, and we cannot view any Archive Information that you store through our Service unless you choose to share it with us. Note that we may see file system information, such as file size and time of transmission, but unless you provide us access to your Archive Information, we cannot view the type or content of your files.
We may offer you the ability to share Archive Information with other users or to create shared archives, in which case such Archive Information will be available to those with whom you share it.
Collection of Account Information
Account Information You Provide Directly to Us
We collect account information when you create an account, and we may collect other information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, fill out a customer communication form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, respond to an offer, apply for a job, request customer support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect may include your name, contact information (such as email address and phone number), age, gender, birthday, credit card information, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide to us.
Account Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including your IP address and access times. If you access our website, we also includes log the type of browser you use, pages viewed, and the page you visited before navigating to the website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Use of Account Information
Account Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, if you choose to connect your account to a third party service (e.g., DropBox),we may receive access to certain information from that service in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the third party service.
We may use Account Information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmation sand invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Thinkspan and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Thinkspan and others;
- Personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Thinkspan is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Account Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Thinkspan or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Although we cannot see your Archive Information, Thinkspan’s proprietary technology may provide you with analytics, suggestions, or offers based on your Archive Information. We cannot see these analytics, offers, or suggestions, or the Archive Information they are based on, unless you choose to take advantage of an offer or suggestion and share this information with us (as may sometimes be required with certain activities). If you share Archive Information with us, such as to take advantage of an offer, we may need to share it with third parties in the same manner as described above for Account Information (for example with vendors or other service providers who need access to such information to help us fulfill the offer).
Third Party Analytics
Thinkspan understands the importance of protecting your Account Information and Archive Information. To that end, we have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect your Account Information and Archive Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. However, no system can be made entirely impenetrable, and by continuing to use our Service, you acknowledge that despite the measures we employ, we cannot guarantee that our Service and procedures are invulnerable to all security breaches or immune from viruses, security threats or other risks. To help protect the security of your Archive Information, you should be sure to maintain the security of your login, password and identification at all times.
You may update, correct or delete your Account Information or Archive Information or deactivate your account at any time by logging into your online account. Note that we may retain certain Account Information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may retain, for a period of up to 180 days, encrypted copies of Archive Information if you delete that Archive Information or your account so that we may offer you the ability to restore such Archive Information if you change your mind or it was deleted by mistake. However, we are not obligated to do so, and you should retain backup copies of any information you store through our Service .
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Thinkspan by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that we do not do share information in this manner unless you request us to do so. Under the law, services such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure.
Changes to this Policy
If we make material changes to how we collect, use and disclose yourAccount Information or handle your Archive Information, we will provide you with notice, either through the Service or by sending you an email.